Rocky Road Farm

My Goal
My goal to raise quality animals, meat and eggs for both my family and yours.

We'll have chicks, turkey poults, ducklings, goslings, & both eating and hatching eggs. A few adults for the freezer and for breeding.
Also, we'll have Kathadin/Dorper hair lambs, Pygmy and Pygmy/Nigerian Dwarf bottle kids, and possibily a couple of mini &/or full size Nubian kids. Also, Colored New Zealand Rabbits for meat and breeding and Lionhead bunnies for pets.
Full breed heritage hogs and Pot Belly Pigs.
Several people are requesting Pot Belly Pigs for the smaller homesteads.

I will also be putting in a garden this spring to start raising vegetables to can and barter for other vegetables/fruits we could use.
Another goal is to start a fruit orchard for our use and to barter/sell. So keep watching for that in the future.
If there is any type of animal you're looking for email us. We may know of someone who is raising what you're looking for.

Pages

Buff Geese

Buff Geese

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring has arrived, we finally have a Dexter calf, she was born the 17th of January. I was so thrilled to find her, Logan still talks about the sound I made as I was calling him to come see.

We have a little 1/2 Nigerian Dwarf 1/2 Pygmy buckling, born March 27th, he is the spitting image of his daddy,Shadow. We still haven't come up with a name for him so we've been calling him Shadow Jr. His momma has blue eyes so I'm hoping he'll carry the gene and thru them in the future.
On sunday 11th of April, a Nigerian Dwarf doeling was born to one of the does I got two months ago. She is an adorable black & white, w/ frosted ears & muzzle and w/ blue eyes just like her momma.
One of our Katahdin ewes also had a lamb on the 11th, again a little ewe.......... She is so pretty, snow white. Her name is Lila after my Granny (4/12/22-5/22/08) who's b-day is the 12th of April. She would have been 88 this year.
At last count we have 40 chicks hatched out, Americanas, Araucanas and Bantam Cochins.
If all goes well, we'll have Cayuga, Buff and Muscovy ducklings as well as Turkey poults soon.
The geese are setting on their eggs and I have a few in my incubator.

No comments:

Post a Comment