Rocky Road Farm

My Goal
My goal to raise quality animals, meat and eggs for both my family and yours.

We'll have chicks, turkey poults, ducklings, goslings, & both eating and hatching eggs. A few adults for the freezer and for breeding.
Also, we'll have Kathadin/Dorper hair lambs, Pygmy and Pygmy/Nigerian Dwarf bottle kids, and possibily a couple of mini &/or full size Nubian kids. Also, Colored New Zealand Rabbits for meat and breeding and Lionhead bunnies for pets.
Full breed heritage hogs and Pot Belly Pigs.
Several people are requesting Pot Belly Pigs for the smaller homesteads.

I will also be putting in a garden this spring to start raising vegetables to can and barter for other vegetables/fruits we could use.
Another goal is to start a fruit orchard for our use and to barter/sell. So keep watching for that in the future.
If there is any type of animal you're looking for email us. We may know of someone who is raising what you're looking for.

Pages

Buff Geese

Buff Geese

Monday, January 3, 2011

Accomplishments

I made my first batch of laundry detergent yesterday and did my first load of laundry with it this morning. I am very pleased with myself, LOL, and with how well the detergent turned out.
I used 1/2 cup of Borax 20 Mule Tean, 1/2 cup Arm & Hammer Washing Soda,(found at Ramey's in West Plains), and a bar of Ivory soap (probably could have used less soap but I wanted strong detergent), 2 gallons of water. I boiled 1/2 a gallon of water with the grated bar of soap till dissolved then added the Borax and Washing Soda, stirring till dissloved then added the additional water. I then poured it into a 5 gal bucket and made a second batch to add since there was plenty of room. I let it set over night and the next day it had gelled, I just stirred really well before using.I used about 1/2 cup in my washer.

Tomorrow I'm making dish detergent.
1/2 cup Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
1/2 cup 20 Mule Team Borax
4 packets lemonade flavor Kool-Aid powder (unsweetened – I buy the off-brand)
1/4 cup salt (Kosher salt recommended)
Directions:
Pour it all into a resealable container and shake it up. Use 1 tablespoon per cycle.
Need a rinse aid? Use vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment